Have you guys heard of Meebox? It’s is a brand new beauty subscription box completely devoted to nails. Meebox launched in August 2015 and was created by 3 nail obsessed ladies with backgrounds in web design, beauty photography and PR. Meebox is the perfect beauty box for nail art lovers and promises to include a great variety of polishes and accessories from your favourite sought after names and independent nail brands every month!
Over the last couple of months I’ve been chatting with the lovely ladies at Meebox and I was over the moon when they asked if Nail Mail™ could collaborate with them and some other very cool brands to create September’s box. Every Meebox has a different theme, and this months theme was Nautical Nails so I included our Straight Line nail vinyls in ocean blue (so they can be used as stickers or stencils) – the perfect tool for sailor stripes.
When I opened this months box and started going through all of the nautical goodies included I thought ‘this is so mee!’…
SEPTEMBER’S NAUTICAL THEMED MEEBOX
INSIDE SEPTEMBER’S BOX
Crabtree & Evelyn – Tomato / Rouge Carmin – C&E Nail Polishes are currently 3 for 2 on their website!!
Straight Line stickers/stencils – Nail Mail™
Anchor Charms – She Sells Seashells
3 swatch sticks
The September box had such a great selection of products. I was so pleased to see the NCLA Accent Nail Wraps, I’d been contemplating getting some for ages. My other favourites were a white lacquer ‘Limitless’ from a brand called Cassella, the polish has a great formula for seamless application and looked great even after just one coat. I also loved the beautiful gold anchor charms from She Sells Seashells, I don’t usually wear charms but these are quite subtle and oh so pretty.
We headed over to Pinterest for some nautical nail art inspiration.
MEEBOX NAUTICAL NAILS
Now for the nail art… I chose to use all 3 polishes, the super-cute gold anchor charms and our Straight Nail Stencils to create the accent sailor stripes.
1. I started by by using the Cassella’s white polish called Limitless on my middle finger nail where I created the accent sailor stripes.
2. On my other nails I used a combination of the Nails Inc – Old Burlington Street, Crabtree & Evelyn – Tomato / Rouge Carmin and a Barry M foil gold I had in my collection from last Christmas. I also added a little glitter to the gold polish as I love gold accents in nautical nail art.
3. Now for sailor stripes… I used our Straight Nail Vinyls nail stencils to create crisp lines, using 5 vinyl strips evenly spaced out, I made sure the vinyls laid flat against the nail right up to the edges to avoid any air pockets which could cause the colour to bleed underneath. I waited a couple of mins for the polish to go tacky then applied a rapid dry topcoat, sweeping the brush sideways across my nail in line with the stripes to avoid blurring the lines.
4. I used Nails Inc – Old Burlington Street to paint over the vinyls, I then almost immediately (and very carefully) removed the vinyls with a pair of tweezers to avoid smudging the colour with my finger tips.
5. Finally I painted a thick coat of rapid dry topcoat over the Crabtree & Evelyn – Tomato / Rouge Carmin shade on my ring finger. Using a pair of tweezers I carefully placed the She Sells Seashells Anchor Charm in the centre of my nail.
*The contrast of the Crabtree & Evelyn Polish colour and the Gold Anchor charms was perfection*
Finally seal every nail with a rapid dry topcoat – I love Essie’s ‘Good to Go’!
Meebox is exclusively available from meebox.co.uk and I would highly recommend this box for the nail obsessed.
The Septembers box (as featured) is no longer available, but you can now purchase Octobers box now.
Meeboxes are £20 a month including postage and packaging. Discounts are available on longer term subscriptions. See their price plans here
Check out the Meebox FAQ page for any further questions you may have?